Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Holy Wowzers!! Really Since Septiembre?!?



Hello,

It's been almost 7 months since my last blog entry. I think that means it's dead. Good thing for me It's named after the living dead so live on it shall.

SHIT! I've been busy, started a new job and back to the flames. In a lot of ways I love being under the gun and under the pressure. Pressure helps soldiers not to flinch when their friends get blown-up beside of them. I'm learning a lot again, which is wonderful, but I do need to balance work and life a little better, Belvedere is starting to get jealous.

No, silly, not the TV show about a jolly, sophisticated butler. Belvedere is our badass french bulldog. He rocks, he has the facial expressions of a toad and the ass of a landfill and we love every minute of it.

Still doing the diet thing, I've dropped over 60lbs now, so I'm proud of that, I just need to find the time to workout more.

Lately, other than work I'm either asleep or playing video-games as usual. You know Jared is working too much when the latest piece of GTA has been out for 12hrs and I haven't touched it. Maybe hell is freezing over with the economy. I'm also really into THE WATCHMEN graphic novel right now, I can't wait for the movie. The book is so good though that you'll catch me twittering quotes from it. I've gone on a trailer watching freeze until I finish. Everyday on my way to work I drive by a wall covered in WATCHMEN posters and I get giddy.

When I have free time and I can actually stomach being in front of a computer I'm illustrating. I'm not really working on any projects at the moment. Right now I'm just trying to improve my game, get faster, and become much more figurative. It's funny how actually learning new techniques can make you more efficient. I'm a creature of habit and I'm currently trying to kill that creature.

Well that's it, I want a mac.

Peace

-Jared

1 comment:

Eric said...

It's been quite awhile since I've moseyed on over here. 'Bout time you showed up again! The weeds were starting to take over. ;)

Nice pic, BTW. You should consider doing the artwork for a movie poster. It just might work...!